The story of the NEW Legend Xtreme begins with the series’ incredibly sensitive blanks, which feature Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC™) mandrel technology and design for more refined powers and actions. IPC adds continuous tapers to eliminate “stepped” transition points to create blanks that are smoother, stronger and more sensitive than traditional designs. They also feature a new and improved version of St. Croix’s Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™), a high-tensile high-modulus cross-grain material that reinforces the blank and allows for the use of less material while maintaining strength and decreasing weight.
Additionally, Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity. “We add a little bit of curvature to the patterns to refine the actions of the blanks even more… which is especially noticeable in the extra-fast models,” says Falk. “Taper Enhancement Technology makes these new rods even smoother.”
New Legend Xtreme rod blanks also feature St. Croix’s most exotic blend of carbon materials. A super high-modulus SCVI carbon in the lower section joins high-modulus/high-strain SCV carbon in the upper section to yield maximum power, unparalleled strength, durability, sensitivity and reduced overall weight. St. Croix’s Fortified Resin System (FRS) is also employed throughout the entire blank. FRS combines a fortified super resin with computer-operated curing ovens that provide improved temperature and time management through all stages of the curing cycle. Ultimately, FRS prevents microbuckling by keeping the carbon fibers in proper alignment throughout the critical curing process. Blanks manufactured with this advanced manufacturing protocol consistently test out at 33% stronger than those built with standard resins and curing methods.
Finally, a new, stealthy, matte-black finish completes the upgrade to the new Legend Xtreme’s incredibly sensitive, high-performance blank – the ultimate canvas for additional sensitivity-enhancing features and components.
- Blending St. Croix’s highest-grade materials and proprietary technologies with Daiwa AGSTM guides, the Legend Xtreme has extreme sensitivity that begs to be fished
- Integrated Poly Curve® (IPC™) mandrel technology
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology™ (ART™)
- Taper Enhancement Technology (TET) blank design provides curved patterns for improved action with increased sensitivity
- Super high-modulus SCVI carbon with FRS in lower section for maximum power and strength with reduced weight
- High-modulus/high-strain SCV carbon with FRS and carbon-matte scrim for unparalleled strength, durability and sensitivity
- Daiwa AGSTM Carbon Fiber Guides with Fuji KG Tip Top with Torzite ring
- Fuji® SK2™ split reel seat for the ultimate in light weight and sensitivity
- 2nd Generation Xtreme-Skin™ handle provides unparalleled control.
- Kigan titanium hook-keeper.
- Machined wind check, handle trim pieces and butt cap.
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow sure finish.
- 15-year transferable warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
- Designed and handcrafted in Park Falls, U.S.A.
Oversize Item Disclaimer-Rods over 8 feet in length (Break-down/Collapsible Length) going to states outside of Minnesota, Eastern North & South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Illinois are subject to an Oversize Charge. We will do our best to provide you with the lowest rate possible utilizing multiple carriers. You will be contacted with a quote.